- Hide flaws with custom-made veneers
- Just two trips is all your smile upgrade takes
- Appointments are available five days a week
Most of us have a smile flaw or two when our permanent teeth come in, such as a crooked tooth or a small gap between our teeth. Many of us also experience issues like chips, stains, and dental wear and tear during our lifetimes. Dental veneers in Lexington will conceal your imperfections, whether you’ve had them for many years or just a few days.Doctor Conrad Crocker on dental veneers Read Transcript
Doctor Conrad Crocker on dental veneers
With dental veneers, you can immediately give someone an improved smile that can either affect their personal lives and sometimes their financial lives or their professional lives, and then end up helping them financially. So, for some people, it's literally an investment in their future because of the impact it can have on their life. So how veneers typically work is you come in, we go over a smile assessment, or a smile preview sometimes, to understand what you're trying to accomplish. And then we're able to immediately show you a version of that, let you try it out, so to speak. Take it home, show family and friends, and kind of finalize the smile that you would like. And then with a custom lab, I'm able to take those veneers and then create them in a permanent fashion so that we can give you the smile that you've already preapproved.
As one of our most versatile cosmetic dental services, veneers are:
- Long Lasting – Because veneers are crafted with materials known for their stain resistance and strength, they will last for many years.
- Natural Looking – Working closely with you, our dentists will carefully match your veneers’ appearance to surrounding teeth, so they will blend in easily with your smile. Your smile will look natural – but better.
- Good for Your Teeth – When applied to your teeth, veneers will reinforce and strengthen them.
- Minimally Invasive – In contrast to a dental crown, our dentists will need to remove only a small portion of enamel from your teeth to prepare them for veneers.
- A Quick Way to Improve Your Smile – In many cases, you can receive your veneers in just two trips to our office.
The best way to find out if veneers are right for you is a consultation with one of our cosmetic dentists, Dr. Crocker or Dr. Ahmad. To schedule one, call 803-636-8683 today. For your convenience, you can schedule appointments Monday through Friday.
Enjoy an Easy Dental Veneers Procedure
If our dentists determine you’re a good candidate for veneers, they will work closely with you to design the appearance of your restorations, matching the color and other aspects of your smile. They’ll also determine which material will work best for your veneers. We offer several options, including composite and porcelain. They will remove a small amount of enamel to prepare your teeth for your restorations, then take impressions of your teeth. Most people find the procedure painless, but we can numb you with local anesthesia. If you’re nervous, you can also receive dental sedation.
We send the impressions and specifications to a dental laboratory where your custom-made veneers are manufactured. We’ll provide you with temporary veneers to wear until we receive the final restorations. When they arrive, you’ll return to our office. Our dentists will check the fit and appearance before securely attaching them to your teeth.
Keep Your Veneers Looking Great for Many Years
You’ll be so happy with your veneers, you’ll want to keep them looking great for years. Luckily, they require no special maintenance. But you’ll want to:
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and non-abrasive toothpaste to avoid scratching them
- Avoid chewing on ice and other hard objects
- Wear a mouthguard to protect your teeth during athletic activities
- Rinse your mouth with water after eating or drinking staining substances
- Visit us twice a year for professional dental cleanings
For dental veneers in Lexington, call All Smiles Dental at 803-636-8683.