Dear All Smiles Patient,
We hope this email finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agency’s recommendations.
Our office will reopen Monday, June 8th, 2020. You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. Our lobby and beverage station will remain closed. You may see that our reception room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Text or call 803-356-0700, upon your arrival, please include the patient’s name. Wait in your car for further instructions.
- Prior to your appointment, temperature will be taken, and you will be asked a series of screening questions. We will also ask you to use hand sanitizer when you enter the office at the hand sanitizer station.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We request only one parent/guardian in the office with dependents. However, we recommend the parent/guardian wait in the car. We request no companions unless medically necessary.
- 4-7 days following your appointment you will receive a follow up survey to confirm that you are not presenting with any COVID19 symptoms. We appreciate your cooperation. 2441 Mineral Springs Road, Lexington, SC 29072 email@example.com 803-356-0700 Our Goal is to Promote Healthy Smiles, through Exceptional Service and Positive, Long-Lasting Relationships.
- We request that you bring a face covering from home to use during the check-in and and check-out process. If you do not have a mask, we will provide you with one, but there will be a fee of $5. Please limit the personal items you bring inside.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call or text our office at 803-356-0700, or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be patient with us as we expect greater than usual communication activity as we re-open.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Crocker and the All Smiles Dental Team