- Ask about our military discount
- Replace one tooth or many with implants
- Avoid bone loss in your jaw with dental implants
Whether you need to replace one tooth or many teeth, dental implants in Lexington can fill the gaps in your smile. You can even use implants to keep your dentures securely in place! Because implants are placed in your jaw, they offer benefits you can’t get with other teeth replacements.Doctor Conrad Crocker on dental implants Read Transcript
Doctor Conrad Crocker on dental implants
To be able to replace a single tooth with an implant is a great alternative because it gives the patient basically their tooth again. They can floss or brush it just like their other teeth. There's nothing really to think about once the process is done. They can care for it just like all their other teeth, and it keeps them in good dental health.
It is important for patients to replace missing teeth because, typically, our mouths were designed to chew certain ways and deal with food certain ways with certain teeth. Once we start losing those teeth, we're asking other teeth to now take on forces that they weren't designed to do, so we start to see a snowball effect happen to people that lose one or two teeth. They end up actually losing more teeth, potentially, whether it's from breakage or decay, if we can't intervene and try to replace those teeth, whether it's with a partial, whether it's with implants or bridges – some method of replacing those missing teeth so that we can keep the mouth functioning as a whole and not just starting to become a bunch of missing parts.
Your implants will:
- Not Irritate Your Mouth – With implants, your replacement teeth won’t rub against your gums, causing discomfort.
- Give You a Strong Bite – Unlike other teeth replacements, implants will restore most of your natural chewing power. You’ll be able to eat whatever you want, even a crisp apple.
- Look and Feel Natural – Most people probably won’t even notice you have replacement teeth. They’ll stay securely in place, so you don’t have to worry about them slipping.
- Preserve Your Dental Health – Similar to natural tooth roots, implants provide the natural stimulation that keeps you from losing bone density.
- Not Change Your Oral Hygiene Routine – You won’t need special cleaning solutions or adhesive to care for your implants. You can just brush and floss as you’ve always done.
- Last for Many Years – With proper care, implants will last for decades.
To find out more about implants, call us today at 803-636-8683.
We Partner With an Oral Surgeon for Implant Dentistry
Using digital X-rays and other technology, our dentists will determine whether you’re a good candidate for implants. If so, we’ll refer you to a local oral surgeon for the first part of your dental implants procedure. The surgeon will embed implants in your jaw. Then you’ll wait for your implants to heal, a process that usually takes four to six months, before returning to our office for restoration with your replacement teeth. During healing, your implants fuse to your jawbone, creating a stable foundation for your new teeth.
Combine Dental Implants With Dental Restorations for a Full Smile
Depending on how many teeth you want to replace, our dentists can restore implants with:
- A Dental Crown – To replace one tooth, we’ll attach a dental crown to a single implant.
- A Dental Bridge – A bridge can replace multiple teeth when it’s attached to two or more dental implants.
- Dentures – Unlike conventional dentures, dental implant dentures will keep your jaw strong and healthy.