- Remove problem teeth to relieve pain
- Use our patient portal to pay bills and more
- Choose from two kinds of safe sedation
If you have a problem tooth, our skilled dentists can remove it with oral surgery in Lexington. They’ll use high-tech tools like digital X-rays to assess the position and condition of the tooth. With their training and experience, they can perform many extractions. If they are able to remove the tooth, they will. If not, we’ll refer your case to a trusted oral surgeon.
We’ll ensure your extraction is comfortable with:
- Effective local anesthesia to numb your mouth
- Amenities like blankets and soft music to keep you comfortable throughout your procedure
- A choice of two kinds of sedation, one of which will offer the right level of relaxation
- A caring team who is completely committed to your oral health
There Are Many Reasons You May Need an Extraction
Our objective is always to keep your smile intact by saving a damaged tooth. Our dentists can often do so with a restorative dentistry procedure like a root canal or a same-day dental crown. However, sometimes tooth removal is the best option.
We may remove a tooth to:
- Relieve pain caused by a bad break, infection, or other damage
- Prepare your smile for tooth replacements like dentures
- Make it easier for you to bite and chew
- Protect the health of surrounding teeth
- Create additional room in your mouth for orthodontic treatment
Sedation Can Ease Your Nerves During Tooth Removal
With our dentists’ gentle touch, many patients need no more than local anesthesia to remain comfortable during their tooth removal procedure. However, if you’re nervous or concerned about discomfort, you can also receive one of our two kinds of dental sedation:
- Inhaled Sedation – Also called laughing gas, you receive this light sedation through a mask worn over your nose.
- Oral Sedation – Taking a prescription pill prior to your extraction will keep you relaxed throughout the procedure.
For oral surgery in Lexington, call 803-636-8683.