No two smiles are the same. Orthodontics in Lexington that are fine for one smile just may not work as well for another. Because of this, we offer two kinds of orthodontic treatment, one of which will be right for you:Doctor Conrad Crocker on orthodontics Read Transcript
With clear braces, or traditional brackets, which are usually tooth-colored in our office, we can take someone's smile, even if it's a minor discrepancy to a lot of crowding or spaces, and in a short amount of time, we can give them a smile that they are very proud of and anxious to show friends and family.
In our office, we've treated teenagers to 70-year-olds, everything in between, to be able to improve someone's smile with orthodontics.
- Invisalign and ClearCorrect, for nearly invisible straightening
- Tooth-colored brackets, for more complex cases such as severely rotated teeth or a large overbite
With their advanced training, our dentists will help you find the best treatment for your situation. They’ll consider numerous factors, including the orthodontic problem you’re trying to solve. To schedule a consultation, call All Smiles Dental at 803-636-8683. If you receive orthodontics treatment, take advantage of our $750 discount!
Clear Aligners Offer Nearly Invisible Straightening
Unlike braces, Invisalign and ClearCorrect straighten your smile with a custom-made series of clear plastic aligners. Our dentists use special 3D software to design the aligners to fit your individual requirements, and they are manufactured at a special laboratory. You wear each aligner about two weeks before moving to the next in the series.
Compared to more traditional orthodontic treatment, Invisalign and ClearCorrect offer numerous advantages. They are:
- Nearly Invisible – With no metal brackets or wires, few people will even realize you’re straightening with clear aligners. Their clear appearance makes the aligners especially popular with adults, who appreciate not having a “metal mouth” at work or in social situations.
- Comfortable – There’s no metal hardware to rub against gums, cheeks, or other sensitive areas of your mouth.
- Easy to Use – You can remove the aligners for meals and for oral hygiene, so it’s much easier to keep your teeth clean. With no food caught in braces, you’re less likely to get cavities during treatment.
- Quick – The average aligner treatment time for adults is 12 months, which is many months less than most people spend in braces.
Tooth-Colored Brackets Are the Best Option for Some Mouths
While many smiles are successfully straightened with clear aligners, tooth-colored braces often work best for certain cases, such as:
- Those without the self-discipline to wear the aligners the recommended 22 hours a day
- Those who have a dental bridge
- Those with more complex orthodontic issues to solve, such as back-tooth bite issues or molars that need to be rotated or moved vertically
Consider Cosmetic Dentistry to Further Transform Your Smile
Once your smile is straight, you may be interested in further smile improvement. At All Smiles Dental, your cosmetic dentistry options include:
- Dental Veneers – When applied to the front of your teeth, custom-made veneers can conceal chips, cracks, and stains. They can also lengthen the look of too-short or worn-down teeth.
- Tooth Bonding – This affordable treatment involves layering tooth-colored composite onto teeth so that flaws are hidden.
- Teeth Whitening – You’ll enjoy bright results with our professional-strength gel and custom-made whitening trays you can use at home.
To schedule a consultation for orthodontics in Lexington, call 803-636-8683.