Almost everyone experiences an anxious moment or two during dental appointments. Some people fear every visit to the dentist. Whether your unease is only occasional or a regular occurrence, we’re experts at relieving dental anxiety in Lexington.Doctor Conrad Crocker on relieving dental anxiety Read Transcript
Well, we actually have what we call a comfort menu, meaning that we have several options available. Whether it's headphones with some music that the patient can choose, whether it's a warm blanket to keep them cozy, all the way up to providing (inaudible), or otherwise known as laughing gas, as well as conscious sedation, where people can just kinda be there and be relaxed, and get the work done that they need, and sometimes even have an amnesiac effect, to where they don't even remember the experience, but they know they got a comfortable experience.
We’ll ease your anxiety with:
- Technology like digital X-rays that Dr. Crocker and Dr. Ahmad use for fast diagnoses and comfortable treatments
- A choice of two kinds of sedation to ensure you’ll be able to remain relaxed
- A comfort menu that helps our friendly team quickly get to know all of your personal treatment preferences
- A welcoming atmosphere, with comforts like blankets and soft music
- Dentists with experience in all areas of treatment, from cosmetic improvements to restorative dental procedures
To visit a practice that makes your comfort a top priority, call us today at 803-636-8683.
Soothe Your Nerves With Sedation
Our dentists use local anesthesia to ensure you’ll feel no discomfort. Despite this, we know you may sometimes need sedation to help calm you, whether you fear a certain procedure or need to stay relaxed throughout a lengthy treatment. We offer a choice of two kinds of sedation:
- Laughing Gas – You’ll feel relaxed almost as soon as you begin inhaling this safe sedative through a small mask worn over your nose. Since there is no lingering grogginess, you can drive yourself home at the end of your treatment.
- Oral Sedation – You’ll receive an FDA-approved medication to take before your procedure. It dulls your senses so you won’t be bothered by sights, sounds, or sensations. You’ll need a ride home, as the pill’s effects last several hours.
Don’t Let Payment Make You Nervous
Don’t let a concern over finances make you anxious about your care. We offer several payment options, including third-party financing through CareCredit. We also have a dental savings plan, which helps make routine care costs more predictable and offers discounts on other services too.
For help with relieving dental anxiety in Lexington, call All Smiles Dental at 803-636-8683.