- Repair your infected tooth with a root canal
- Save 20% with our dental savings plan
- Choose from two kinds of sedation
Root canals in Lexington have such a bad reputation, most people would do almost anything to avoid one. Yet this procedure doesn’t cause pain; it relieves it.Doctor Conrad Crocker on root canals Read Transcript
Doctor Conrad Crocker on root canals
Typically, when someone comes to our office and they're in pain, and it's obvious they're going to need a root canal treatment, luckily, we provide that in-house. We can usually see them that moment, that day. Get them out of pain, as well as help them eventually restore the tooth. But the biggest part is getting them out of the pain, getting them comfortable again so they can make a rational decision about their teeth instead of an emotional one just because they're in pain.
In addition to getting you out of pain, a root canal procedure will:
- Help you avoid a tooth extraction
- Keep your tooth intact, which keeps nearby teeth in their proper positions
- Save your tooth root, so your jaw remains strong and healthy
- Prevent infection from spreading to other areas of your body
Trust Our Experienced Dentist With Your Root Canal Therapy
There’s no need to feel anxious about a root canal procedure. Dr. Conrad Crocker has performed many of them in his 20 years as a dentist. He has also completed training in the latest treatment techniques. In addition to our experienced dentist, you’ll appreciate:
- A choice of two kinds of dental sedation
- Soft pillows and other amenities you can select from our comfort menu
- Patient-friendly technology like digital X-rays
- Hours as early as 7 a.m., so you can come at a quiet time of the morning
We’ll Help You Decide Between an Extraction or a Root Canal
If the interior of your tooth becomes infected, you’ll need either a root canal or a tooth extraction. Our dentists will discuss it with you so you understand your options and can choose the one that’s best for you. Here are some factors we’ll consider:
- Procedure Cost – While a root canal procedure costs more than an extraction, you’ll need to consider the cost of a tooth replacement following your extraction. Depending on the tooth replacement you choose, your overall expense may be higher for the extraction.
- Recovery Time – With no bleeding and no need to make any dietary restrictions, recovery following a root canal is less complicated.
- Effect on Oral Health – Keeping your tooth means keeping your tooth root. Stimulation from the root keeps you from losing bone density in your jaw.
For root canals in Lexington, call 803-636-8683.