At All Smiles Dental, we use laser cavity detectors during your dental exams. That enables Dr. Conrad Crocker and Dr. Sana Ahmad to find cavities when they are small and easy to repair with tooth fillings in Lexington. Left untreated, decay can worsen to the point where a dental crown or even a root canal is needed to repair your tooth.Doctor Sana Ahmad on tooth bonding and tooth fillings Read Transcript
Bonding can fix something as small as a small chip, or a tooth shape that you don't like, to a filling, which can fix a cavity. It can be aesthetic or it can be clinical.
With bonding and with cavities, it's always better to catch them when they're small versus waiting until you're having more serious pain. That way, we can make sure that we take care of it, and it might be as easy as just a filling versus something bigger down the road.
Our proactive treatment will:
- Allow you to chew and eat without pain
- Prevent decay from worsening and necessitating a more extensive repair
- Protect your tooth from future damage
- Not involve the use of metal in your restoration
If you think you may need a dental filling, call us right away at 803-636-8683. Don’t worry if you don’t have insurance. With our dental savings plan, you’ll receive a 20 percent discount on fillings.
Composite Fillings Won’t Stand Out in Your Smile
We don’t use metal fillings at All Smiles Dental. Our dentists use only composite fillings. We find them preferable to metal in several ways:
- They Look Better in Your Smile – We can match the color of the composite used for your filling to the rest of your teeth. Unlike metal fillings, they blend in easily with your smile.
- They Don’t Contain Mercury – The American Dental Association and the FDA both say amalgam fillings that contain mercury are safe for most people. Still, some research has raised questions about the long-term health effects of mercury.
- They Require Less Drilling – We won’t have to remove as much healthy tooth structure to place a composite filling.
Larger Cavities May Require a Different Dental Restoration
Some cavities are too large for a filling. If you have a large cavity, we may recommend:
- A Dental Crown – Since a crown covers your whole tooth, it can fix even severe decay. With our CEREC system, you’ll be able to get a crown in a single appointment.
- An Inlay or Onlay – These restorations cover more tooth surface than a filling but less than a crown.
For tooth fillings in Lexington, call 803-636-8683.