- Stop snoring with a custom mouthguard
- Ask about our military discount
- Breathe easily all night with apnea treatment
If members of your household are begging you to get checked for sleep apnea in Lexington, don’t do it just for them – do it for yourself too. Sleep apnea not only disturbs your sleep and the sleep of those within earshot, it has been linked to serious health disorders like high blood pressure and diabetes.Doctor Conrad Crocker on sleep apnea Read Transcript
We can either directly with a patient through small series of tests determine if they would benefit from a snore guard, or we have worked closely with sleep doctors that if they've diagnosed sleep apnea, but the patient doesn't want to wear a CPAP, or isn't comfortable wearing a CPAP, or is having issues – again, making a snore guard appliance has really enabled them to feel better, and their spouses usually end up happier as well. And then also their health improves because of them being able to breathe again while they sleep.
Our sleep apnea treatment will:
- Allow you and others around you to slumber more soundly throughout the night
- Enable you to breathe easily during sleep, so you won’t wake gasping for breath
- Keep you more focused and alert during the day
- Improve your health by lowering your risk of disorders linked to apnea
- Give you an alternative to a CPAP machine with a custom mouthguard
Mouthguard vs. CPAP: Which Sleep Apnea Treatment Is Right for You?
Obstructive sleep apnea, the most common kind, is caused when your tongue or other soft tissue blocks your airway while you sleep. The blockage causes frequent interruptions in breathing, which awakens you during the night. The solution is keeping your airway clear while you sleep. A CPAP machine does so with a stream of pressurized air, while a mouthguard eases your jaw into a position that keeps your airway open. A mouthguard works well for mild or moderate cases of sleep apnea, while more extreme cases may require a CPAP.
Our dentists will create a custom mouthguard for you that offers a better fit than those purchased in stores or online. An excellent fit means you’ll wear it consistently.
Many sleep apnea sufferers find a mouthguard:
- Simpler to Use Than a CPAP – Since you won’t need batteries or electricity, you can use a mouthguard anywhere, even on an airplane. It’s also much easier to transport than a CPAP; just tuck it into a pocket or purse.
- More Comfortable Than a CPAP – With a mouthguard, you won’t have to worry about a bulky mask over your face.
To talk to us about sleep apnea in Lexington, call All Smiles Dental at 803-636-8683.